Breaking Changes to the Web Platform
Over the years there have been necessary changes to the web platform that caused legacy websites to break.
Below is a list of those changes.
- SSL removed in favor of TLS wiki (June 2015)
- Adobe Flash (SWF) End of Life wiki (December 2020)
<blink>, and many other tags removed html5 (January 2008)
window.showModalDialogremoved operablog (August 2014)
- Passive touch listeners by default googleblog (January 2017)
- Forms with passwords marked
Not Secureover HTTP googleblog (January 2017)
Array.prototype.flattenbreaks MooTools bugzilla
- Full page layout is no longer synchronous googleblog (May 2018)
- HTML Imports (part of Web Components v0) deprecated googleblog (October 2018)
- Cookies changed from
SameSite=Laxby default chromestatus tweet (August 2020)
confirm()removed from cross-origin iframes chromestatus tweet (July 2021)